To get here only takes 3 to 4 hours drive from Medan city or 96 KM trips and 4 to 5 hours from Kualanamu airport – Deli Serdang.
Together with a group of trained elephants, you will experience an unforgettable atmosphere when you go around the jungle on an elephant and when you finish patrolling an elephant, enjoy the thrill of bathing elephants together on the clear river side.
This Tangkahan Elephant Tour is a 3-day trip and is suitable for those of you who have little time but want to feel adventurous with a group of trained elephants, to patrol around the forest from Mount Leuser.
3 Days Tangkahan Elephant Tour
DAY 01 : AIRPORT – TANGKAHAN
Upon arrival at the Airport, meet and greet. Afterwards proceed for a journey at 5-6 hours driving to Tangkahan via binjai and Tanjung Pura. On the way visit several villages where you can see the daily actifities of the local people. Arrival at Tangkahan (A part of and another enterance to Leuser National Park).
Check in to simple Guest house/lodge. Afternoon free at own leisure or walking around the area of the hotel, just to enjoy the nature of tropical rain forest. Overnight in Tangkahan.
DAY 02 : TANGKAHAN ELEPHANT TREK (B)
After breakfast at the lodge walking around 20 minutes to a small elephant sanctuary for Elephant riding.
Head down to the river to help wash one of these huge beasts before climbing on board for a trek through the jungle environment.
In your trek you will cross deep rivers, climb up and doen steep jungle routes.The Elephant riding will take about 1 hour.
Afterwards return to the lodge for accomodation. Free at own leisure.
Continue for tubing and trekking back to the lodge. Float downstream for around an hour. This is by far the most relaxing way to appreciate the spectacular rainforest, mountainous scenary and hidden caves along the river.
If you are lucky then this can be a great opportunity for bird spotting and surrounded by the sounds of the jungle from gibbons to frogs.
Jump out and walk a couple of minutes from the river to a scheduled waterfall which pounds into natural pool.
Take a swim and refreshing shower whilst guide preparing a picnic lunch overlooking the waterfall. After another 5-10 minutes or so of peaceful meandering downstream will leave the river on foot.
Walking back to the lodge around 40 minutes including stopping in local villages along the way. These villages contain a range of different housing, showing how village life has changed over recent decades
Elephants Daily Schedule
- Elephants are not available neither for riding nor trekking on FRIDAY due to do forest patrol
- Elephant Bathing : 08:30 am, 15:30 pm (Exept Friday)
- Elephant Ridding : 11:00 am, 14:00 pm (Exept Friday)
- Elephant Bathing/Trek Limited for 5 seat/trek
WHAT TO BRING FOR ELEPHANT TREK/RIDING, JUNGLE TREKKING& INNER TUBING
(Camera and binoculars)
- Please be well informed that there will be extra fee charged by the forestry dept for bringing video, which is at Rp. 150.000/video & camera, which is at Rp. 50.000/video up to the feeding flat form or to the forest due to be regarded as promotion materials.
- These fees are not refundable for any reason and subject to alteration due to change of policy.
- Light clothes (including long trousers & long sleeved shirt), sun hat or visor with a chin strap, secure head straps for sunglasses or eyeglasses (if worn), comfortable sturdy walking shoes, leach socks and rain poncho.
- Any personal medication which are taking regularly, such as chloroquin, prescription drugs, etc Sun block cream to be used on exposed skin and insect repellent for those who are particularly sensitive to bug bites.
Please note there are no life jackets in Tangkahan and therefore have to advise caution before doing this actifity.
If there has been a lot of rainfall upstream then the currents can be fast and there are a lot of rocks in the water.
So do ensure your travel party sticks close together and don’t head out on the river if condition looks too rough. The river is considered level one (the lowest possible rating) and is 1 to 1.5m deep.
DAY 03:TANGKAHAN – MEDAN/AIRPORT (B)
Breakfast at the lodge. At the appropriate time Check out and proceed drive trough Medan or Airport for onward flight
Thank you for taking 3 days Tangkahan Elephant Tour with us, and see you with our other interesting tour packages.
|TOUR PRICE IN USD / PAX (FIT)|
Ecolodge / Wiswa
- Tour and Transfer ac-private vehicle
- Nightly accommodation is based on twin sharing/Tripple (except 01pax is based on single occupancy) with daily breakfast as per program
- Meals as mention per program (2X Breakfast)
- English or Foreign Speaking Guide
- Experiences Mahout
- Assistance & Luggage handling at the Airport
- Any available admission/enterance fees to sites of interest stated
- Guide USD 5,00 / person / day
- Driver USD 3,00 / person / day
CHILD POLICY (UNTILL 10 YEARS OLD):
- Child in Twin Sharing = 100% Adult Price
- Child With Extrabed = 10% Discount from Adult Price
- Child With No Bed = 50% Discount from Adult Price
- Tour price valid until Sept 2020
- The price are not valid on High Season Period, such asChrismast, New Year, Lunar New Year Eid Mubharak etc
- Price can be changed witouth prior notice
What to Bring
Bring medicine and anti-mosquito medication for those of you who suffer from skin allergies.